Monday, December 5, 2016

Tech Tip: Hashtags and Retweets

Tech Tip: Hashtags and Retweets
(Quoted tweet by @ChachiBobirks)
. . .
. . .

       This tip was a interesting one for me, in learning how to do it and testing it out. Usually, I would describe myself as a person who enjoys working under pressure. Not only do I feel like I work best, because I am required to be concise instead of indulging my want to elaborate, but I also just enjoy pressure to a certain extent. The downside of this leads to procrastination more often times than not, which is why I thought the timer might recreate that feeling but allow me to get it done earlier.
        Setting it up was easy enough, following the instructions laid out by Professor Gibbs, but the real test was to see if my idea held up. I tried it out Friday before class and ultimately, I think my strong sense of laziness prevailed. Rather than encourage me to get it done, my anxiety by constantly checking where I was on the timer lead me to want to give up all together than be slightly late on the timer. I definitely will still try this timer idea out until I can break this dangerous habit but as far as first tries go, this one was a failure on my part.
      Nonetheless, I would recommend for others to try this out if they have a knack for working under pressure, the timer does do a good job of recreating that sense of urgency other people like me enjoy. I would just be careful with the expectations you put on yourself with each timer you set. Don't push too far or you might be prone to just giving up instead of prevailing. Overall, I think this is a neat tech tip that may need some more toying with for me but could be immediately great for others!

. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment