Thursday, December 8, 2016

Growth Mindset: Multiple Intelligences

Growth Mindset: Multiple Intelligences 
(Multiple Intelligences cartoon by Marek Bennet)
. . .

     This was a familiar idea concerning growth mindset for me because I am in a personalities course this semester and have found a new passion for personality psychology as a possible career path. I have taken the test for multiple intelligences a number of times and know where my strengths and weaknesses lie within this typing system. It is a system I feel like really helps me face a number of problems as well explains some of my natural tendencies. 
    My highest intelligences are musical, linguistics and kinesthetics, which is expected if you knew me well. What is exciting and helpful about knowing my strengths in these types of intelligences is that I can better go about my problems with a good plan. Like in studying, I know that I learn best in short time periods (because I cannot be stagnant for long) or at least in an environments where I can move around. I also know that rhymes or free associations help me memorize things better as well as group discussions where I can deep dive into subjects. 
    All of these strengths help me focus my work in the semester not just for academics but in how to spend my time and what will recharge me the most. Like listening to music and painting or reading or watching tv shows from other countries to get a sense of the language are all great ways from me to let go of mass amounts of stress. This was a great way to explore way to grow and better utilize my knowledge on multiple intelligences. 
. . .

 

. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment