Thursday, December 8, 2016

Famous Last Words: Dead Week

Famous Last Words
Dead Week
. . .
(Dead Week Cartoon by Rosalie M.)
. . .

     This week has been the worst dead week I have ever had in my undergraduate classes. I could list all the unexpected life problems I have had that have stopped my academic courses this semester alone but honestly I am just ready to move past this week and have time to get my life together without immediately stressing about classes. What I really need for this break is to reevaluate what is important to me and how to get to those goals.
    I think earlier in the semester I took my life going well for granted so I did not put in as much work as I should have thinking I could wrap it in a nice bow near the end of the semester. But of course life stops for no one and I really did not want to take an I in any class or take medical leave with one and half semesters left. By figuring out what I really want and having a plan from the beginning I think will be able to at least have a list of all I need to get done so that way if life gets in the way I can just reprioritize the list instead of having to make one in the first place.
    I know this post was supposed to be about just this week but what I have learned is this week means nothing without the happenings of the weeks before. It is partly due to life problems but it is also the mannerisms and habits I established earlier in the semester that messed me up this fall. Ultimately, I cannot just forget about this week when it is done but I definitely will take a mental break then refocus myself for a better semester next time!  
. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment